If you have a Sky Q Mini Box you may have experienced the odd freezing or crashing from time to time. If it keeps happening, it’s worth taking a few minutes to find out how to fix it. The good news is, there are several easy fixes that you can try. Your Sky Q Mini box likely keeps crashing due to old software or a weak internet connection
In this guide, we’ll go over the step by step instructions for each.
1. Reboot Your Internet / Router
The first thing you’ll need to do is to make sure that your internet connection is good. Your Sky Q Mini Box is likely crashing due to your connection dropping out.
Move Your Sky Q Mini Box Closer
The most obvious thing to do is to make sure that your router is close to your Sky Q Mini box. If it’s too far away, you’ll get a very weak connection that can keep dropping out. If you can’t get it closer to your router, you can always look at getting a WI-FI extender that acts like a plugged-in go-between.
Reboot Your Router
The next thing you can do is reboot your Router. Here’s how to do it;
- Unplug your Router
- Leave it for three minutes
- Plug it back in
- Wait for the connection it initiate
Change Your Connection’s Ghz
Another option you can try isto change your connection’ Ghz from 2.5 Ghz to 5 Ghz and vice versa. Here’s how to do it;
- Log in to your routers admin
- Go to Settings
- Locate your connection band
- Change your connection from 2.5 Ghz to 5 Ghz
2. Update Your Sky Q Mini Box Software
If your Sky Q Mini Box keeps crashing you may need to update its software to a more recent version. This is very easy to do so do not worry. Here’s how;
- Go to your Sky Q Mini box Settings.
- Go to Status and then make sure Connection To Sky Q Mini Box is active.
- Go to Setup > Software Download. If there is a download available, allow it to download.
- Restart your Sky Q Mini Box and you’ll get a pop up window saying your download was successful.
3. Restart Your Main Sky Q Box
Another thing you can do is reboot your Main Sky Box and then your Sky Q Mini Box. There could be a poor connection between your main box and your Sky Q Mini Box. Here’s how to do it;
- Turn your main Sky Box off.
- Unplug it from the wall.
- Repeat these steps for your Sky Mini Box.
- Leave both boxes unplugged for three minutes.
- Plug your main Sky Box back in and then do the same for you Mini Box.
4. Reset Your Sky Mini Box Settings
You can also reset your Sky Mini Box completly to try and stop if from lagging and crashing. Here’s how to reset your Sky Q Mini Box;
- Go to the Main Menu on your Sky Mini Box and hover over Settings.
- Do not click on Settings.
- Press 0-0-1.
- You will then be prompted to reset your Sky Q Mini Box.
Important: Your Sky Q Mini Box may not be fixed straight away. You may need to let it update in the background overnight to see your Sky Q Mini Box properly reset.
If Your Sky Q Mini Box Keeps Freezing
If your Sky Q Mini Box keeps freezing you may have a hardware problem that you’ll have trouble fixing yourself. Your only option here would be to contact Sky Suport who will be able to try and help you over the phone. You can contact Sky support here.
5. Change Your Resolution
One of the fixes for a freezing Sky Q Mini Box is to change your resolution. This is a little known situation that can affect your Sky Q Mini Box. Sky offers TV in SD and HD and sometimes HD resolution can cause your Sky Q Mini Box to freeze up. However, you don’t have to downgrade to SD resolution, espcially when Sky makes you pay £6 extra a month for the privilege of HD streaming.
All you need to do is change your resolution from 1080p to 1080i and vice versa. Try swapping over from one to the other to see if your Sky Q Box stops freezing. To do this;
- Go to Settings.
- Audio / Visual.
- Select a different resolution.
Sky Box Freezes And Screen Turns Pink
A common problem some users report is a screen that freezes and then turns pink or even purple. The first thing to do in this instance is to check your HDMI cable to see if it’s damaged and in still working order. The best way to check if it’s running smoothly is to try it in a different device.
If your screen goes pink the next thing you can try is resetting your Sky Q Mini Box as decribed above. This usually fixes the problem. It’s important to remember that you may still have a pink haze on your screen for a little whole longer whilst your box updates. It can take a number of hours.
My Sky Q Mini Box Is Stuck On The “Starting up” Screen
Another common problem is when your screen gets stuck or freezes on the “Starting up” screen. This is obviously very annoying but it can be fixed in just a few simple steps by following the Recovery procedure which can also update your Sky Q Mini Box if you need one.
Here’s how to do it;
- Switch the Sky Q box off at the mains.
- Hold down the standby button on the front box, then switch it back on at the mains.
- Keep the standby button held down until you see alternating red and amber lights on the front of the box. This will start a software update. If the lights don’t show after 30 seconds, repeat steps 1 to 3. If it still doesn’t work, you’ll need to book an engineer visit online.
- The update can take up to 15 minutes, then the box will turn off and go back to a single red light.
- Your box will restart.
- After the on screen messages have disappeared, press Home on your Sky Q remote to switch your box back on.