Whether it’s on a games console, a mobile phone, or a smart TV, you can now enjoy NOW TV on a wide range of devices. NOW TV is one of the most popular online entertainment media for streaming a variety of UK based channels on your devices.
To get the best NOW TV experience, watching it from your smart tv is the best choice. By adding this application to your tv, you will be able to get a much more improved streaming experience.
The NOW TV app allows you to stream over 1000 movies. All this without a Sky network monthly pass too! When watching different SKY TV channels such as movies, music, or kids entertainment, you are required to buy a subscription for each category.
With the NOW TV app on your smart TV, you will be able to enjoy all of these movies and tv shows in better quality.
Everything is superbly organised so you won’t have to search for a wide range of files. You will be able to easily navigate the app and find the content you want to watch in no time.
To get you started, we have created a guide to help you set up NOW TV on your smart TV. In a few simple steps, you will be sitting back and choosing your favourite movies and tv shows with ease.
Get NOW TV on your Smart TV
Before you get started, you need to become a member of NOW TV. If you are not already signed up, you can choose your NOW membership here.
You also need to ensure you have the minimum download speed to run NOW TV. For broadband, you will need at least 2.5 Mbps. If you will be using 3G or 4G, you will need a minimum download speed of 180 Kbps.
Once you have chosen your NOW membership and checked your internet speed is up to the challenge, you’re ready to get NOW TV on your smart TV!
Turn your Smart TV on and open the App Store.
Enter NOW TV in the search box and select the search button.
Once the search results appear in the application, select the official NOW TV app.
Tap on the Install Button and wait until the NOW TV app is installed on your smart TV.
Once the application’s installation has completed, tap and Open the NOW TV app.
Sign in by entering your log-in details.
You will now be ready to stream to your heart’s content. You can watch all of your favourite channels including Sky Movies, Sky Sports, Sky Kids Entertainment, and much more.
It is worth noting that this app is only available in the UK so if you wish to use this abroad, you will have to find alternative viewing methods. To help you, we will discuss some of these methods below.
Smart devices that support NOW TV
The NOW TV app is only available on a selection of smart devices. Smart TVs that come with the NOW app already installed and ready to go include:
- LG Smart TVs – NOW hayu membership is not available on 2012 or 2013 LG models as well as some 2014, 2015, and 2016 models. Furthermore, the NOW is no longer supported on LG NetCast TVs.
- Samsung – The NOW app is currently available on Samsung TVs from 2015 onwards. The one exception is the Samsung Serif models as these do not support NOW TV. If you try to download the NOW app but are met with the message “error AS415”, you should reset your router or contact Samsung for further help and support. To check whether your TV is compatible with NOW TV, just check the model number. If you see the letters K, L, M, N, Q, or R in the middle, then your tv should be supported.
- SONY – Only SONY smart TVs that have been running Android OS 8.0 are supported from 2016 onwards.
- Hisense – All Roku TV models support the NOW TV app.
- JVC – Currently, the Fire TV edition HD/FHD (2020): LT-32CF600, LT-40CF700, and LT-43CF700 models support NOW TV.
Smart TVs from Panasonic and Toshiba do not currently support the NOW TV app. Always ensure your TV is compatible with the NOW TV app before signing up. However, there are other options available when watching NOW TV.
You can use:
- Set up boxes and streaming devices – These devices such as the NOW Smart Stick, the NOW Smart Box with 4K and Voice Search, the NOW Smart Box with Freeview, and the Black NOW Box plug straight into your TV.
- Tablets and Smartphones – You can use your Android to watch NOW TV as well as the iPhone 5S and later models, the iPad 5th generation or later, and iPod Touch 6th generation or later. All devices with iOS 11 or later are fully supported while iOS 9 and 10 are no longer compatible.
- Laptops and computers – You can stream NOW TV on Windows or Mac. For Windows, follow these steps, and for Mac, follow these steps. Chromebook is not currently supported.
- Games consoles – You can use an Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 to stream your favourite movies and shows on NOW TV. The Nintendo Wii is currently not supported.
Using a Smart Box
If your television is not supported and does not include the NOW TV app, you may be able to install a Smart Box instead. You can choose from the:
- Now Smart Box with 4K and Voice Search – Set up guide
- Smart Box with Freeview – Set up guide
- Black NOW Box – Set up guide
These devices are quick and easy to install so you can start binging all manners of tv shows in no time!
How much does NOW TV cost?
There are a range of memberships available with NOW TV. Each one is designed to suit everyone’s needs. While one person may want movies, another may prefer sports.
Here are the current membership costs:
- Entertainment Membership + Boost – £12.99 a month. You can start with a 7-day free trial.
- Cinema Membership + Boost – £14.99 a month. 7-day free trial available.
- Sports Membership + Boost – £33.99 a month. 7-day free trial available.
- Kids Membership – £3.99 a month. 7-day free trial available.
- hayu Membership – £4.99 a month. 7-day free trial available.
- Entertainment + Cinema + Boost – £24.98 a month. 7-day free trial available.
- Sports Day + Mobile Month – £9.98 one-off payment.
If you decide to cancel, you should select the option that it is too expensive for you. In some cases, you may be offered a discount to stay with the service. However, this is usually for a limited time such as three or four months.
The best offers are usually kept for new customers. You can earn cashback and get short-term offers from NOW when you first sign up which can save you money in the first few months of your subscription.
Whichever method of installation, getting NOW TV is straightforward and quick to use. Once you have signed up and downloaded the app on your Smart TV, you will find it hard to imagine life before the abundance of channels NOW on offer.