If you have ordered a Virgin remote, you likely know all of its qualities which made you buy it in the first place. Such features as a guide button to find out what’s on, or a record button so you can watch something you enjoyed, over and over are among many of the features you may be looking forward to using.
You may have ordered the Virgin Remote and the box that goes with it and everything has connected just fine. Or you may have found that the remote is not communicating with the box or the tv. While this can be a little annoying, it is a quick and simple process to get them paired and communicating with each other, so you can enjoy all your favorite programs to the fullest. Read on to find out how to pair your Virgin Remote to your tv in both situations.
How Do I Pair My Virgin Remote When It Connects Automatically?
If your remote is already connected with the box, then the pairing process is pretty simple. Simply take the following steps:
- Make sure your tv is on then press the home button on your remote. This button is located at the top of the remote and has a little house on it.
- Once the menu appears on your tv, scroll down to the option labeled “Help and Settings” and press the “OK” button on your remote. This button is located towards the top center of your remote, surrounded by arrow buttons.
- The “Help” option on the screen will be automatically selected. You will just need to press the “OK” button again.
- At the top of the screen, you should see an option labeled “Program Your Remote”. Navigate toward it using the up-arrow button on your remote and select it by again pressing the “OK” button on your remote.
- Navigate with the arrow buttons again to select “Yes, set up my Virgin TV remote now” and press okay. Once you have done this, you should see a code on the screen.
- Once you see the code, press the “TV” and “Clear” buttons on the top right and bottom left of your remote, at the same time. Hold the buttons down until the green LED light flashes twice, then let go.
- After you let go of the buttons, enter into your remote the code you saw on the screen. The green LED light should flash twice again, indicating that it is paired but you can make sure that it worked by trying out the volume buttons.
- If it has worked, navigate with the arrows on your remote again to select the option labeled, “Yes, that worked!” and click “OK”. Your Virgin remote is now paired with your tv.
How Do I Pair When It Has Not Automatically Connected?
You may find that your remote has not automatically connected to your tv and the box after setup. If this happens it does not mean there is anything wrong, you will just have to do a little bit more to get it ready for pairing. To connect your virgin remote with your tv when this happens take the following steps:
- First, point your remote at the box while holding the TV button and the zero button for ten seconds. The TV button is located towards the top on the right side of the remote. The zero button is at the bottom center of the remote.
- If the remote has connected, you should see flushing on both the remote and on the box. Sometimes the remote still will not have connected. If this is the case, try the next step. If it has worked, skip the next step, and move on to the one after it.
- If the previous step has not worked, try the factory reset on your remote. This is done by holding down the TV and the rewind buttons at the same time. The rewind button is the one with the double arrow facing left toward the bottom of the remote.
- After ten seconds, release the buttons. Your remote should now be communicating with your tv, but if it has not worked, then replace the battery in your remote and try starting from the first step again.
Once your remote is communicating with the box and with the tv, go back to the steps in the first section for how to pair. There should be no issue now and because the remote is communicating with the tv, pairing should be the same process.