Who doesn’t love to sit down on a cosy evening, pop on the telly and watch something they’ve been itching to view since they left work? TV entertainment has always been well-loved in the UK, but with all these new streaming channels it can always be hard to decide which to get and how many of them you can get.
Virgin TV go is one of the most popular video streaming services, and it is the second largest paid service in the UK! It brings about the best streaming service and when combined with the best streaming device, it is unstoppable.
So, you are probably wondering how you can install Virgin TV, go onto your Amazon Firestick and get the both of both worlds all in one happy package?
What is Virgin TV go?
So, what actually is Virgin TV go? Well, it is a subscription-based, on-demand video streaming service, much like Netflix, or Amazon Prime Video. It is an app that has been developed for usability on your mobiles and tablets, letting you watch live TV, as well as on-demand programming from anywhere at any time.
All that you need for this to work is a Virgin TV media subscription, so with this app you can stream HD channels, including National Geographic, ESPN, ITV, and so on. It is suitable for entertainment anywhere and anytime, all you need is a subscription and an internet connection.
Features of Virgin TV go
So, what are the features of the Virgin TV go application?
- You get a majority of TV channels all in one app.
- Watch anywhere, anytime, so long as you have an internet connection.
- Support multiple devices.
- Very compatible with mobile devices and tablets.
- You can get live content on 110 selected channels.
- There is a download option, so you can watch content even while offline.
What are the requirements?
You need to satisfy a certain collection of requirements in order to install ‘Virgin TV Go’ on your Amazon Firestick.
To do this, you should first enable the developer option by navigating to ‘Settings’ and then from there go to ‘My Fire TV/Device’.
Then go to ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’, from here simply ‘Enable it’. Now you need to install a ‘Mouse Toggle’ application on your ‘Firestick’. You need to ensure that your Amazon Firestick has an active internet connection when you do this.
Once you have fulfilled the requirements you can continue with the installation procedure.
How to install ‘Downloader’ on Firestick
Unfortunately, the Virgin TV Go app is not available on the Amazon app store, there is no need to fret though. ‘Downloader’ is an official app that you can get from the Amazon app store to “side load” apps onto ‘Firestick”. So how do you install this?
- Turn on your Amazon Firestick to get started.
- Open the search icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Search for the ‘Downloader’ application using your keyboard on-screen.
- Select the app and click the ‘get’ button on the screen.
- Now the download should begin, once it is completed, open the app and access it immediately.
Using ‘Downloader’ to install Virgin TV go.
If you installed the ‘Downloader’ app, you should now be able to use this to go ahead and install Virgin TV Go as well. This is a fairly simple process but let us give you a hand, so you know what you should do and how you should go about doing it.
Open up the app.
First of all, open the downloader app. Navigate into the ‘My Apps and Games’ section on your device and open up the ‘Downloader’ app. You can see a blank space in which to enter the URL as you open the app for the first time, this is what you want.
Use the URL.
Click on the space where it is asking you to enter the URL, and enter the Virgin TV Go URL in order to download it. You’re halfway there already!
Click go and wait.
Click on the ‘Go’ button and wait for it to do its thing. You may have to wait for some time as is expected during any installation. Allow the app to download the file, make yourself some tea, or maybe some popcorn while you wait.
Click to install.
Now that it has done its thing and has fully installed, scroll down to the very last option and click the ‘install’ button. Now, open up the installed Virgin TV app, log in with your credentials, username, password, etc.
Once you have logged in you should be able to access the app content. If you want to, you can delete the APK file, you do not need it any more.
Install Virgin TV go using an ES File Explorer.
There is every chance that the above method won’t work. It doesn’t always work for everyone and so it is always wise to have a backup plan, just in case. One method you can use is to use the ES File Explorer application to install the Virgin TV Go app onto your device.
It is not too complicated, just complete the following steps, and it’ll be all set up for you.
- To start, turn on your Amazon Firestick.
- Time to install the ES File Explorer app from the Amazon app store, this is the key component in this process.
- Open up the app and click on the ‘+New’ button that you will likely find at the bottom.
- Enter the Virgin TV Go URL link into the name path, and then click on the ‘Download Now’ button that appears on your screen.
- Now you need to install the downloaded APK file. It may take some time, so have patience, and it will install in no time.
- Once installed, open the app and log in with your account credentials and start enjoying watching your favourite content straight away, no complications, no problems, simple and easy.
If one process doesn’t work then the other is sure to work, you can easily install Virgin TV Go on your firestick in no time and have all your favourite shows and movies in one place.
Are there alternatives to Virgin TV Go?
If you find that the Virgin TV Go is not an ideal streaming service for you, and you are seeking something else, there are other options. Of course the obvious choice would be Amazon’s own Prime Video service, though it may not provide the live TV channels like Virgin TV go does, it does have plenty of content to watch.
Of course another alternative is Netflix, which is by far the largest media streaming service available right now. It has more than 140 million hours of content and is increasing. However, if you want to watch live TV specifically then TVPlayer is a brilliant alternative with over 40 live channels.
Installing Virgin TV Go onto your Amazon Firestick is super easy and there are plenty of methods that will achieve this for you. The app is more compatible with tablets and mobiles which is very sought after in modern times.
If you want TV streamed directly to the comfort of your tablet, why not install Virgin TV Go on your Firestick and sit back, relax, and enjoy.