- A 43-inch TV typically measures 37.5 inches (95.3 cm) in width and 21.1 inches (53.6 cm) in height.
- Ideal for bedroom setups, offering a comfortable viewing experience without overwhelming the space.
- Optimal viewing distance ranges between four and eight feet for a 43-inch TV.
- While not ideal for gaming, major brands like Samsung, LG, and TCL offer a variety of 43-inch models.
When you find yourself in the market for a new TV, the choices can be overwhelming. Amidst the array of options, the 43-inch TV stands out as a popular choice, striking that delicate balance between screen size and affordability. But the real question is, will it be the right fit for your needs? It’s a common dilemma, especially when considering a TV for your bedroom.
In my experience, a 43-inch TV can be the perfect addition to your bedroom setup. Its size allows for a comfortable viewing experience without overwhelming the space. Brands like Samsung, LG, TCL, and others all offer this size in their range, giving you a variety of options to choose from. In this article, we won’t just throw measurements at you, but we’ll help you understand if a 43-inch TV is the ideal size for your bedroom, ensuring that your next TV purchase is a well-informed one.
Width And Height Dimensions In Centimeters And Inches
A TV marketed as 43 inches means that it has a screen that is 43 inches measured diagonally. The screen height will vary depending on the brand and model of the TV. However, the average 43-inch TV has a screen that is 21.1 inches tall. This means that the overall dimensions of a 43-inch TV are:
37.5 inches (95.3 centimeters) width
21.1 inches (53.6 centimeters) height
How Big is a 43-Inch TV?
You might wonder if this size is too big or too small for your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind when deciding if a 43-inch TV is a right size for you:
- If you are expected to sit more than six feet from the TV, then a 43-inch model might be too small. This is because sitting far from the screen you won’t be able to see all the details that are being displayed.
- A 43-inch TV might be the perfect size when used in a bedroom. This is because it won’t take up too much space and you’ll still be able to see the screen clearly from your bed.
- For gaming purposes, a 43-inch TV might be too small. This is because you want to be as close to the action as possible, and a larger screen will provide a more immersive experience. On top of that, you might want a TV with more advanced technical features such as a high refresh rate, which is not so common in 43 inches TVs, hence why they are not the best option for gamers.
The Ideal Viewing Distance For A 43-Inch TV
Now that we know the dimensions of a 43-inch TV, it’s time to answer the question, “how far should you sit from a 43-inch TV?” The ideal viewing distance for a 43-inch TV is between four and eight feet (121.92 to 243.84 centimeters). This means that if you have a living room that is 12 feet (365.76 centimeters) long, you should be able to watch your 43-inch TV from anywhere in the room comfortably!
Of course, everyone’s eyesight is different, so you may need to adjust the viewing distance depending on your own vision. If you have trouble seeing the screen from eight feet away, you can try moving closer to the TV. Alternatively, if you find you are getting headaches after watching TV for a long time, sitting further away from the screen might be best.
Popular TV Models Sold in the 43-Inch Size
Now that we’ve answered all your questions about dimensions, you might wonder which models are available in this size. Most premium models using OLED and 8K technology are not available in 43-inch sizes. However, you can find a wide range of LED and QLED TVs in this size from all the major brands. Some popular 43-inch TV models that are currently on the market include:
Samsung 43″ QN90A Neo QLED 4K HDR Smart TV (2021)
37.8″ Width x 22″ Height x 1.1″ Depth
VIZIO 43-Inch V-Series
38.3″ Width x 24.5″ height x 8.3″ Depth
As you can see, many great options are available if you’re looking for a 43-inch TV. No matter what your budget is, you should be able to find a model that suits your needs!