Do you own both an LG Smart TV and a USB and want to record your favourite programs? Follow our handy guide to record your favourite programs within minutes.
Benefits of Recording on an LG Smart TV with a USB
Technology has been advancing at a staggering rate for a number of years. It used to be that if you wanted to record your favourite programs, you would have to own a PVR, or personal video recorder, in order to do so. This would require you to set up and insert a tape cassette, then paw through the manual to figure out how to make it record.
Then came the days of Freeview boxes and the like. These eliminated the need for tapes and other devices but also required you to purchase a Freeview or other recording device and set it up for your TV.
Nowadays, most Smart TVs are already built to allow a user to record their favourite shows directly via a USB, either using a stick, or a hard drive. The best part of this is that they are relatively inexpensive in comparison to the aforementioned devices. It is likely you will already have one sitting around at home gathering dust.
So how do you record on an LG Smart TV with a USB? Let’s take a look…
Record On An LG Smart TV With USB: A Guide
First of all, you may be required to format your USB device in order to start using it to record TV. It is not always necessary, but it is best to do it anyway. Note that you will lose anything currently on the USB device when you format it. Now let’s get straight into the guide.
- Insert your USB device into the ‘ready’ port at the side or back of your LG Smart TV. Don’t panic if you can’t see a ‘ready’ port, simply connect it to the USB 3.0 port instead.
- A display will appear on your LG Smart TV. Select the record icon at the bottom of the display with the wheel of your magic remote. If using a standard remote, press ‘OK’
- Set the location of the file and the finish time, then press ‘recording’ to start.
If you want to schedule a recording that has not already started, it’s easy too.
- Go to the home menu and run the ‘program schedule’ application.
- Select the program and the channel you want to record from and then press ‘scheduled recording’
- Select ‘scheduled program recording option program schedule and storage device’ and then press record
If you have followed the above steps correctly, your LG Smart TV should now be set up to record. Once you have recorded your favourite programs, you can either watch them back on your LG Smart TV, or you can remove the USB device and watch them on any device that supports the USB. Great for when travelling, or sharing between devices.
Thanks for following this handy guide, and enjoy never missing your favourite programs ever again!