What is a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter? To put it simply, a Displayport to HDMI adapter enables you to connect a DisplayPort video output from your laptop or desktop PC to HDMI-equipped displays, HDTVs, and projectors.
We have outlined a few quality adapters and their features from which you can choose. Then at the conclusion of this article, you will find a buying guide to choosing the right DisplayPort to HDMI adapter to give you further tips on how to make the best choice for your configuration. Let us start our search for an adapter by looking at a few quality adapters.
My recommended products for UK market
The Plugable brand DP-HDMI adapter allows you to connect just about any Display Port computer or tablet to any HDMI. After passing extensive testing the DP-HDMI is VESA certified. This adapter supports 4K and high resolutions as well as 1080p at 120Hz. The Plugable adapter comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
The features of the Plugable brand DisplayPort to HDMI adapter include:
- The active adapter allows you to connect a DisplayPort video output from your laptop, desktop, or tablet PC to HDMI-equipped displays, TVs, and projectors
- Supports resolutions up to 3840×2160 (4k) [email protected] 1080p displays supported at 120Hz
- VESA (DisplayPort) certified to ensure maximum compatibility and performance
- Compliant with VESA Dual-Mode DisplayPort 1.2, High Bit Rate 2 (HBR2), and HDMI 2.0 standards
- Compatible with the Plugable UGA-4KDP USB 3.0 DisplayPort graphics adapter
- AMD Eyefinity compatible for 3+ displays
- Supports 8-channel LPCM and HBR audio up to 192kHz sample rate
- Complies with HDCP content protection
- Requires no driver installation or external power supply
The Club 3D adapter is a powerful tool for use with your graphic card or television display. This unit has many great reviews from happy customers.
The features of the Club 3D DisplayPort to HDMI adapter include:
- The active adapter connects your GPU to a projector or television
- The adapter transmits in 4k ultra HD
- The 4K UHD formats that are supported are 8,10,12 bit including [email protected] Hz, [email protected] Hz, [email protected] Hz, [email protected] Hz, and [email protected] Hz
The Lindy Adapter comes with a 2-year warranty. This adapter also has many satisfied customers. The customers report the adapter offers port flexibility, works from the graphics card and its a great option is you need a second HDMI output from your graphics card.
The features of the Lindy DisplayPort to HDMI include:
- Connect a DisplayPort computer to an HDMI 4K display
- Supports resolutions up to Ultra HD 4K 4096/3840x2160p) at 60Hz
- Active Adapter, supports AMD Eyefinity, NVIDIA Surround & Intel Collage
- Supports audio, as well as video-mirroring or extended desktop modes
- 2 years warranty
Buying Guide to Choosing the Best HDMI to DisplayPort Adapters
Choosing the right HDMI to DisplayPort Adapter is largely dependent on your computer to screen or projector set-up. A few of the essential factors to consider as for as the adapter is concerned we will outline to make that part of the decision making easier.
1. Choose a Quality Built Adapter
Time and wiggle can break down cheap or inferior quality built adapters. The wiggle used to plug and unplug the adapter at each use can make the wires come loose from the ends and have a connectivity problem. Thus the adapter will stop working.
2. Choosing the Right Format Versions that are Supported
The adapters are built with different capabilities while running in the UHD 4K resolution format. Choosing a model with the very latest version of the DisplayPort format is the best choice in an adapter.
3. Choose a Brand with a Good Reputation
Some of the HDMI to DisplayPort adapter brands focus just on making adapters. Since the manufacturer just makes adapters for their lively hood they go the extra mile to make sure that their adapters are of top-notch quality. So this is something to consider when choosing the right brand to buy.
4. Length of the Cable
Depending on your set-up a short six-inch cable may not work well for your application. The set-up you choose really comes into play so that you know the correct size of cable you HDMI to DisplayPort adapter must have to work correctly. Try to avoid adding extension cables because that added connection may compromise things like the transfer speed and it is just another element to maintain. Longer cables may indeed be a little pricey, but it is better to pay upfront than to risk losing performance from the adapter.
Purchasing your DisplayPort to HDMI adapter is now much more straightforward. These small but powerful cables are handy when you need a one direction adapter. They are very easy to install and do not usually need their power source as they use very little energy. As a matter of fact, none of the above review versions use their power source. Order your DisplayPort to HDMI adapter today and start viewing your television streaming, gaming sessions or DVD/BluRay movies on the big screen. Order your DisplayPort to HDMI adapter today with confidence that is is going to do an excellent job for you.