Are you on the hunt for a new television set? If so, might a 40-inch screen suit your needs? In this article, we’ll review the dimensions of a 40-inch TV and help you determine if it’s the best choice for your needs.
- A 40-inch TV has a width of 34.9 inches (88.6 cm) and a height of 19.6 inches (49.8 cm).
- A 40-inch TV might be too small if you plan to sit at most six feet away from it.
- A 40-inch TV can be a good choice for a bedroom, as it will only take up a little space.
- The ideal viewing distance for a 40-inch TV is between four and eight feet (121.92 to 243.84 centimeters).
- Consider a larger screen size if you’re looking for the latest TV technology.
Width and height dimensions in centimeters and inches
A 40-inch TV has a screen that measures 40 inches diagonally. The screen height can vary depending on the brand and model of the TV, but the average height for a 40-inch TV is 19.6 inches (49.8 cm). This means that the overall dimensions of a 40-inch TV are:
- 34.9 inches (88.6 centimeters) width
- 19.6 inches (49.8 centimeters) height
How Big is a 40-inch TV?
Depending on what you plan to watch and from how far away, a 40-inch TV could be the perfect size for your space. Here are some things to consider when deciding if a 40-inch TV is a suitable size for you:
- If you’ll be seated close to the television, a 40-inch model may not have enough size for all its detail to be noticed. To truly experience all that’s onscreen from only six feet away, it would likely require an even bigger display.
- If you’re looking for the perfect size television to fit in your bedroom, a 40-inch TV is an excellent option! Not only does it take up minimal space, but its screen is visible from any angle of the bed.
- There are better choices than a 40-inch TV for gaming, as you’ll want to be as close to the action as possible for a more immersive experience. Additionally, many advanced technical features gamers look for, such as a high refresh rate, are not as common in 40-inch TVs.
The ideal viewing distance for a 40-inch TV
For the optimal viewing experience, make sure to find a spot at least four feet (121.92 cm) but no more than eight feet (243.84 cm) away from your 40-inch TV – that’s where you’ll be able to appreciate every detail on its crystal clear display! For optimal viewing pleasure, if your room is 12 feet (365.76 centimeters) long, you can comfortably sit anywhere and enjoy your 40-inch TV screen from any angle.
Of course, everyone’s eyesight is different, so you may need to adjust the viewing distance depending on your vision. If you have trouble seeing the screen from eight feet away, try moving closer to the TV. Alternatively, sitting further away from the screen is best if you get headaches after watching TV for a long time.
Popular TV models sold in the 40-inch size
If you’re interested in buying a 40-inch TV, several popular models exist. Here are the measurements for a few:
- Hisense 40A4H 40″: 35.2″ Width x 20.2″ Height x 3.4″ Depth
- TCL 40S325: 35.6″: Width x 20.5″ Height x 2.9″ Depth
As you can see, many great options are available for 40-inch TVs. No matter what your budget is, you should be able to find a model that suits your needs.
However, if you’re in the market for a more technologically advanced TV, a 40-inch model might be too small. Many premium models, such as LG OLED TVs, only start at 43 inches, like the LG C2 OLED 43″. The Samsung QN90B QLED also begins at 43″. In the 40-inch range, you’ll typically find mid-lower range TVs with fewer advanced features. Consider a larger screen size if you’re looking for the latest TV technology.
In conclusion, a 40-inch TV can be a good choice for a bedroom or small living room, but there may be better options than this if you plan to sit far away or use it primarily for gaming. By considering your viewing distance and intended use, you can determine if a 40-inch TV is a right size for you.